Old Hill Station in Staffordshire is included here for completeness. It is on the Stourbridge to Birmingham line. The station opened on 1st January 1866 when the Stourbridge to Cradley line was extended to Old Hill.
The station is on a fierce gradient that continues all the way to a tunnel nearly a mile to the north of the station. On 1st December 2012 three-car class 172 diesel multiple unit No.172341 with the 12:25 London Midland service from Stourbridge Junction to Dorridge (train code 2C34). Just beyond the footbridge on the platform that the photographer is standing on was a facing platform onto 'The Halesowen Railway that came towards the photographer before diving off to the right. The branch joined the main line about 50 yards beyond the end of the platform.
Old Hill was formerly a junction for two branch lines. The Bumble Hole branch to Blowers Green and Dudley (closed 13th June 1964) diverged to the right just beyond the trees in the background. The G.W.R. opened the line to Halesowen on 1st March 1878 and it went away to the left in this photograph. The branch to Halesowen closed 1/10/1969. The train is the 10:13 from Stourbridge Junction to Shirley with Centro class three-car class 150 diesel multiple unit No.150106 (52104 leading). Photograph taken by Andrew Smith on 1st September 2001.