This World War 2 RAF base was located just to the south of Honeybourne, adjacent to Weston Subedge
Station. The airfield was not rail connected.
The base which was operational from 1941 to 1946 was home to the No.24 Operations Training Unit.
After the war the site closed and much reverted to farmland. However the five
hangars and many others buildings survived and found further use as an industrial park.
The entrance sign to the estate with a T2 type hanger behind.
This large hanger is a J type - the only one of these at Honeybourne.
This photograph shows a pair of T2 type hangers apparently joined together to form one building,
These crew quarters are amongst the many other items to survive from the original base.
All four photographs were taken by Andrew Smith on 12th July 2002.
REF: "Angry Skies Across The Vale" Brian Kedward, ISBN 0 952702 20 4.
Amongst railway references in this book is one that from 1947 old Wellington aircraft
were scrapped at the airfield and the remains were taken out by railway trucks loaded t Weston
Subedge goods yard.
This extract from the 1930 Ordnance Survey map shows the location of Weston Subedge station.
The RAF base was north of the station and marked as ‘Honeybourne Grounds’ on the following map.